Another busy week of action around Philadelphia public schools.
Mon., Oct. 14:
- Know Your Rights Strategy Session, 10 a.m. : Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia and Parents United for Public Education are hosting a third Know Your Rights workshop on how to file legal complaints with the state department of education. Read more about this effort here. Location: United Way Building, 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Center City.
Tues, Oct. 15:
- SRC “Strategy & Policy” discussion: parent engagement, 5:30 p.m.: 440 N. Broad Street No registration necessary to testify. Location, 440 N. Broad Street.
Thurs, Oct. 17th
- Rally for School Counselors, 3:45-4:30 p.m.: Parents United, PILCOP, Philly Counselors United, and the Feltonville community will hold a rally and press conference on the guidance counselor emergency in public schools. Open to all. Location: Feltonville Intermediate, 238 E. Wyoming Ave.
- School Reform Commission meeting, 6 p.m. Register to speak 215-400-4180. Location: 440 N. Broad Street, Rm. 1075
- Vigil for Laporshia Massey, 6:15 p.m. Vigil to honor 6th grade Bryant Elementary student Laporshia Massey. Hosted by Philadelphia school nurses. Location: 440 N. Broad Street.
- Queen Village Neighborhood Association, 7:30 p.m. Focus on neighborhood schools Meredith and Nebinger Elementary schools. Location: Nebinger Elementary School, 601 Carpenter Street.