The Law Center is interested in speaking with parents/guardians whose children were enrolled in the School District of Philadelphia during the 2015-2016/2016-2017 school years in special education programs that experienced significant teacher vacancies (List of Schools for Plaintiff identification purposes) and who were not granted compensatory education related to those vacancies.
This may include, but is not limited to, children who:
- had a long-term substitute teacher (or other school personnel such as counselors or non-teaching school staff) for their special education services; or
- experienced multiple substitutes (or other school personnel such as counselors or non-teaching school staff) to address special education teacher vacancies; or
- experienced significantly increased special education class size because one special education classroom was combined with another classroom.
We are especially interested in identifying children in the School District of Philadelphia who were enrolled in special education programs who: (1) experienced teacher vacancies during the 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 school years and (2) –
- Did not have IEP team meetings; or
- Did not receive any progress reports (as opposed to report cards); or
- Did not receive the services mandated in their IEP; or
- Made no meaningful progress or even regressed.